Iron Front Fan Forums
Bohemia Interactive Forums
# What is the LITE version
- Exactly the same selection of assets and features as in the FULL version
- Free version with lower quality textures and sounds
- SP missions and campaigns are not available
- Do note that it is fully MP compatible to the converted FULL version.
- So you can play together with your friends or other players that have the FULL version.
# What is different to previous releases
- Reduced to a single mod folder for simple install and use.
- Available on Steam workshop for simple install and automated updating.
- Bumped textures from 128x128 to decent looking 512x512 resolution (2048x2048 in FULL version).
- Native TFAR support for radios available.
This version contains still some issues we are aware of or some we are not aware of.
However we want to provide people finally with an easy-to-use, hassle free, up-to-date
and decent quality LITE version to be able to enjoy WW2 in Arma 3.
In addition we mainly more feedback on the scripted features - especially in MP environment.
- Visual artifacts with backpacks.
- Bugged reload animations with pistols.
- Sound volume off and missing altogether for some vehicles and infantry weapons.
- A few texture issues with infantry.
- P47 plane stuck to the ground.
- US vehicles not yet supporting PhysX and missing engine sounds therefore as well.
- Effects to be improved (ie tank firing FX).
- PhysX for tanks to be improved.
- Shadows of various assets to be improved.
# What are the plans for the future
- We will support and continue to improve the Arma 3 version
- Further polish (less bugs, better performance, improved data structure and naming)
- Add the remaining new A3 technology not yet available.
- We also want to achieve as good compatibility as feasible with other mods most importantly upcoming WW2 mods.
- To achieve this we plan to replace the scripted systems (artillery, towing, mines) with native A3 engine functionality as much as possible.
- Drop the scripted damage system for vehicles, as much as possible, and switching to
- Old's Real Armor Mod system instead (and redo a few the remaining missing scripted functionality)
- Make the all units/weapons/vehicles possible to reskin.
- Offer winter and desert variants of the assets.
- Standalone release of the terrains - maybe even the terrain objects separate as well for terrain designers to make use of.
- Our team is growing and the future sounds good
- Native FULL Iron Front for Arma 3 one way or another
# What is there to play
Play community made missions/campaigns:
- IFL44 Coop mission pack by sander
- IF Singleplayer Mission Pack by SHJ-Studio
- Mission Repository by Gunter Severloh
- SEOW Campaign: Zhitomir, December 1943 more info
- Missions subforum in BIF
- Note: Rename the file extension IFA to PBO to make missions from Iron Front Standalone usable in Arma
- Create your own missions with the classic editor or the new Eden editor
- Try all the content in the Arsenal
- Dynamic missions made with ZEUS
- Blitzkrieg - Dynamic game mode for SP, COOP and PvP
- ALiVE (soon)
- Ported missions, game modes and generic mission systems:
We will convert existing missions/game modes/generic mission systems on popular request.
Cast your vote here or suggest your own favorite here!
# Optional mods
IFA3WarModSA - IF fan forum, BI forum
A sound improvement mod. At the moment this mod only affects small arms and mounted MGs. It changes sounds, animations, and more to Arma III standards.
# Can this version be modded
Right now you can:
- Make missions
- Reskins the following models
- Tweak config values with mods
- Create and load along additional content (your own or 3rd party), like new units/weapons/vehicles, FX or gameplay/feature mods or more terrains
In the near future you will be able to:
- Extract the pbos and allowed to redistribute any files from the LITE version
- Import the terrains into visitor to modify them and re-release them for example
- With the source model (MLOD) release, change/improve the existing assets
- or create new variants/types altogether
- Submit patches at our development platform to have the core mod get improved
# How to participate
- Try it, play it, enjoy it
- Tell your friends or reddit, if you like it
- Share your screenshots and videos
- Tell popular streamers to try it or steam playing it yourself
- Give feedback/report issues
- Join our discord server for assistance, discussions or just to have a chat
- Create new missions or new content (reskins/weapons/vehicles/new terrains),
- or make it more realistic by tweaking
- Or join the team to improve the mod itself:
# Joining the team
Mainly we are looking for:
- Modellers to help polish p3d, model.cfg and related config parameters
- Modellers to help port the vehicles to Old's RAM system
- Texture artists to help create winter/desert versions
- PhysX gurus to help tweak the vehicles
- Web designer to help realize a decent web presence
- IT/server admin to help with configuration and maintaining our backend (web server, build pipeline, CI, distribution, etc)
Join our discord server and we will have a chat.